Photo by Keukenhof.nl
11 April - If for this first weekend the tickets for Keukenhof sold out immediately, those for the next one (16-17-18 April), will be on sale starting from Monday 12 April. The detailed instructions to enter can be found further down in this article
After an initial
forced closure, the gates of the Keukenhof park have finally opened on an experimental basis, which will allow only the lucky ones to admire the flowers of this wonderful place.
For now it will only be a first experimental project and weekend
openings starting from that of 9-10 and 11 April but, if all goes well, it could continue throughout the spring, giving more people a tour of the wonderful Dutch
But how can we enter a pandemic time in Keukenhof? Here are the detailed procedures provided by the Dutch government (below the detailed press release):
"Keukenhof was authorized to open to the public on Friday 9, Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 April 2021 as part of the pilot program set up by the Dutch government with the aim of gradually reopening the country. Only a limited number of tickets will be available. Keukenhof will be able to receive 5,000 visitors per day. Visitors must have been tested no later than 40 hours prior to their visit. This is free and testing will be conducted at a number of designated testing locations across the country. All Covid-19 measures will remain in effect. If you want to take the opportunity to visit Keukenhof, you need to quickly book a ticket to Keukenhof for 9, 10 or 11 April 2021 and make an appointment for a test. Keukenhof is in full bloom and we love sharing the beautiful flowers with our visitors. Takeaway food and drinks will be available at various points in the park. "
The 5 steps to follow to enter Keukenhof
1. Book one or more tickets for up to 6 per person on: www.keukenhof.nl
2. Make an appointment for a free test on the website: testenvoortoegang.nl
- Upon arrival at Keukenhof the test results cannot be more than 40 hours old.
- The test can only take place after an appointment has been made at a specially designated test location using the link above.
- A vaccination card, a negative test from a different testing location or a negative self test are NOT valid for a visit to Keukenhof.
The test results will be emailed to you within one hour.
3. Download the CoronaCheck app on your smartphone from the App Store (Apple) or Google Play Store (Android).
4.Enter the code you received in the email with the test results in the CoronaCheck app: you will immediately receive digital proof of the test.
5. Visit Keukenhof on the day and time you booked, then show the following if required:
- Testing the test in the CoronaCheck app (the negative test result)
- your Keukenhof ticket
Was this article helpful to you?